Faith Formation at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church
Welcome to St. John’s Faith Formation! We’re committed to providing a greater sense of faith community for all families at St. John’s, encourage others to serve as the hands and feet of Jesus, and promote our vision to evangelize so that we are “All In Now. . . so We are All in Heaven.”
Registration for Faith Formation is open! Deadline to register is September 29.
We are excited to announce that registration for all Faith Formation programming is now open:
- Family Faith Formation (formerly RE) - faith formation small group gatherings for K-5 grades from 6-7:30pm in the school and church; Child and at least one parent begin in the auditorium for prayer and then youth dismiss to classrooms while parents gather in the church for formation with Fr. Little and Liz. Begins October 6.
- Middle School "Encounter" - 6-8 graders gather the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Wednesdays of the month in the Atrium for large and small group sharing, activities and games from 6-7:30 pm; Begins October 6.
- First Reconciliation/First Communion - sacrament prep for baptized Catholic youth (typically in 2nd or 3rd grade) who are preparing to receive these first sacraments this year and attend either Catholic or public elementary school. Children who attend public school must also register for Family Faith Formation in addition to sacrament prep.
- Confirmation - new candidates register to attend once-a-month confirmation prep small groups that meet on the 2nd Wednesday of the month only from 6-7:30pm; Begins Oct. 13. (Youth who attend public high school are required to also register to attend HS Youth Group on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month).
- High School Youth Group - All high school youth, grades 9-12, are invited to attend High School Youth Group that will be led by Sr. Fabiola in the Youth Room on Wednesdays from 6-7:30pm for faith sharing, learning, service and social time. Meets the 1st, 2nd & 3rd Wednesdays; Begins Oct. 6
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) - weekly faith formation for 3-5 year olds with time options available on Wednesday evenings (begins Oct. 6) or Tuesday mornings (begins Oct. 19); more info. is coming soon about this exciting new program! Learn more about CSG HERE.
- Sunday School - preschool and kindergarten formation on Sunday mornings between the 9am and 11am Masses (10:10-10:50am) begins Oct. 17.
- RCIA Adapted for Children - faith formation preparation for children 7 years of age or older who are NOT baptized; or older youth who may have missed celebrating their First Communion. (Youth who attend public school must also register for Family Faith Formation in addition to RCIA Adapted for Children.) Meeting dates/times TBD.
- All families and ages are invited to attend the once-a-month community meal held in the auditorium from 5:15-5:50 pm on the FIRST Wednesday of each month ONL (no pre-registration required). Begins October 6. Hope to see you there!
Parents use this link below to register for all program options, depending upon child's age (please have child's approximate dates & locations of sacraments received to date handy):
Questions? Email faithformation@stjohns-savage.
org or phone 952-890-9434 for more info.
The 2021-22 Faith Formation Preparedness Plan is COMING SOON.
Volunteers are needed for all faith formation programs! Please contact us at 952-890-9434.
The Faith Formation Team
-Liz, Joan, Angie, Ryian, Robyn, and Sr. Fabiola
For questions or if you need to register please contact Liz Lockhart at