Daily from 02/04/2019 to 02/09/2019
St. John’s is once again supporting the 2019 Feed My Starving Children South Metro Meal Pack taking place February 4-9 at Berean Baptist Church (309 CR 42 East, Burnsville 55306). We invite all at St. John’s to join this effort to help meet the goal of packing THREE MILLION meals!
This event is fun and meaningful for kids and adults, and works great with groups or families. It is open to all age 5 and up (see child/adult ratios below). FREE child care is available from Berean Baptist during many evening shifts; pre-register here.
There is no cost, but donations are encouraged to cover the cost of supplies and shipping. $50 covers the cost of meals packed by one volunteer in a shift; $80 feeds a child for one year; any amount helps. Donations can be made online or brought to the event.
Use the FMSC SMMP site to sign up for any other time slot that works for you!
FMSC requires the following ratios of kids to adults. Please also follow the safety guidelines per your organization.
- For safety reasons, children under the age of 5 are not allowed in our packing area (sorry, no exceptions).
- Grades K-2: 1 student to 1 adult
- Grades 3-6: 3 students to 1 adult
- Grades 7-9: 4 students to 1 adult
- Grades 10-12: 5 students to 1 adult (High school groups: At least half of the required chaperones must be non-student adults (teachers, advisors or parents). If needed, a few 18-year-olds will be allowed to fill in as chaperones.
Everyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult (someone 18 years of age or older).